“If you don’t have a ticket you don’t have a chance,” was the introductory chant I heard as a kid, from a TV personality whenever he announced the winning lottery numbers. This was the benign encouragement fortune seekers needed to go and purchase tickets for their big break in life. Should they win big money, the financial windfall would change their lives completely. This week, someone from South Carolina won the mega millions and now has $1.6B reasons to smile all the way to the bank. The fortunate winner is sitting pretty on more money than they can possibly spend in their life time. Or can they?
I am 99.9 percent sure one of the things the new billionaire will do is take a vacation. Who wouldn’t? Their reasons to travel now would be to get away for a much needed rest, to quietly plan how to manage the money, and to hide from the sudden, overwhelming, outpouring of unwanted attention. In any event, it is safe to say travel will be a part of their plans, if not immediately, then soon. Therefore, as an itinerant itinerary planner, I am here to give some wanderlust tips to the mystery winner of things they can purchase for their holiday and still not go broke. (Wouldn’t it be humorous if the winner was one of my ardent blog followers who reads this post? hmmmm).
Let’s see if these travel recommendations are worthy if money is not an object. Here are the 10 suggestions:
- Fly in your private jet to an exotic destination anywhere in the world
- Rent for a week a hide-away from prying eyes, a private island in the South Pacific would be the perfect retreat
- Step out in style – a couture wardrobe for the season from a designer house of your choice, should also include designer luggage
- Sail a private yacht around the island with executive chefs on-board
- Secure private box or front-row seating for entertainment events
- Organic meals and exquisite dining are prepared by Michelin-star chefs
- Rejuvenate under the skillful hands of a luxury spa and aromatherapy therapists
- Private chauffeur
- Security detail should include a driver, bodyguard and personal assistant
- Give $100 to every beggar you meet
Community Peeps, this post is just a light-hearted piece to let your mind wander on how well you could travel if you had money like that. This is what I want you to do for me. Name a price for the entire trip, just like you would on the game show “The Price is Right”. Remember our unknown winner is taking a week-long vacation. It will be interesting to find out what the price tag is on the 10 items above. The first 10 numbers collected will tell me what the total cost of the vacation will be and I write a subsequent post of the possible cost of each item.
Now don’t get cute and tell me you cannot give a dollar amount for tip #10 because they are on a private island and unlikely to meet anyone. Estimate. Surely, my soon-to-be client 😀 who is rolling-in dough will meet people along the way that could use a little help. So, send in your best guess dollar amount for the package and let’s see if we come close to even putting a dent into the billion. Also, you may include other choices to their holiday that you did not see on the list? It would be interesting to read, so please share.
Readers, as usual, I invite you to click follow to receive timely updates, select like to show your love and support. Share this post on your social media site. Write your comments in the box below. Your interest, time and attention are appreciated. Thanks for reading.