It is amazing how time flies when you are having fun. A year ago, this month, Travel Itineraries (TI) was created. Made to talk about travel-related matters with a special emphasis on itinerary planning, TI took shape. What started out as a fledgling website, supported by thoughtful planning re: leisure travel, budget information, and how-to methods to get the most bang for your buck in your travel experience, TI has morphed into a productive website where clients trust their bespoke itineraries will meet their specific needs.
In addition to the website’s pages, blogging too has become a fun byproduct and my creative favorite action, only if to share experiences, opinions, advice or industry information, and generally to express my point of view. TI’s presence has gained a following who help to make the website a viable entity. Without you, it would be less engaging.
Throughout the year of ups and downs, of navigating a steep learning curve on website creation and management, and of making decisions that one way or the other affected the advancement of the site, have brought me to terms on how to best manage the blog-website that works for my community peeps and me.
Here are some things I have learned in the past 12 months of online activity:
- Write what inspires me. To thine own-self be true.
- The only person affected by a missed deadline is me. Likes and comments will come anyway.
- Publish once a week but reserve the right to occasionally increase postings if there is pressing information to share.
- Do not overwhelm my followers with too many postings.
- Knowledge is power, share it.
- Own the website, don’t let the website own me.
- “Like” the work of my competitors, it does not detract from my business’s vision.
- A positive write-up goes a long way and is better than a negative comment.
- Be empathetic and generous with my “likes” and “comments.”
- Fun and enjoyment must be active ingredients in bringing each post to you.
Folks, it has been a wonderful year operating in blogosphere. Thank you for your interest, and direct support in the forms of your likes, comments and follow. Everyone is appreciated. While there is every intention of growing the business and taking the blog-website to the next level, still it would be wonderful to hear directly from you whether a second year is justified and how TI can do it better.
Please express your comments and recommendations for TI in the box below. As usual, I encourage you to click follow to receive timely updates, select like to show your love and support, and share on your social media sites. It has been great. Happy first anniversary Travel Itineraries.