“The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” – Psalms 24:1
No one can claim to have been present when the earth was created. However, the Genesis account in the Bible tells us everything was made perfect. The Good Book also tells us that man was made a steward of it. Over the centuries, we have not always been kind to the earth, environment and its resources. However, in this 21st century, talks of the environment and global warming has taken center stage. An acute awareness of the kinds of impact our daily choices make on the environment are now hot topics on every country’s political agenda. Much ado about nothing? I doubt it. While the debate rages on, and new environmental policies and practices adopted to stem further deterioration, individuals can no longer turn a blind eye. We must take responsible action to arrest the wear and tear on the enviroment from further decline wherever and however much we can everyday.
Considering the recently celebrated ‘Earth Day’ and since this month is Earth month, I would be remiss if I didn’t give a few environmental tips one could practice or even adopt while on vacation. It may be easy to practice save-the-planet actions at home, but when you travel you may be hard pressed to follow-through, so I asked family and friends for recommendations of how they would help to reduce, recycle or eliminate their carbon footprint when they travel. This is what they had to say:
- “Rent an electric car to go on road trips. They are battery operated and does not emit fumes into the atmosphere.” – Cyrilene
- “Eat only locally grown foods.” – Marcia
- “Reserve accommodation that is environmentally green and uses products to support the environment.” – Gail
- “Rent a Segways or ride a bike versus driving gasoline/diesel powered vehicles.” – Shurland
- “Volunteer at local organic farm or wildlife sanctuary.” – Suzanne
- “Clean-up a beach area of non-biodegradable refuse that washed-ashore.” – Antoine
- “Use all-natural products for daily hygiene, for example: lemon as underarm deodorant, aloe-vera as shampoo for body and hair, a bamboo toothbrush and bicarbonate of soda to brush teeth.” – Wayne
- “Conserve water at shower times.” – Laudz
- “Bring my own shopping bag with me to the grocer.” – Desmond
- “When dining out, avoid using styrofoam and plastic utensils.” – Dalton
Community peeps, these simple tips if practiced can help to give us a more wholesome environment to live in for Earth month begins every day. If you have other practices not mentioned here, please share your environment-friendly tips in the comment box below. Remember, click follow to receive timely postings and like to show your love. Thanks for reading.
3 thoughts on “Earth Month is Everyday”
Everyone should follow these points for a better tomorrow.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Indeed. Thanks for reading the post and your comment. 😊👍
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.